Thread lifting is a cosmetic facial lifting technique which has been available for number of years, however, the traditional techniques were invasive and could leave incision scars after treatment. A major advancement has been the arrival of PDO embedding therapy using fine polydioxanone threads. Polydioxanone (or PDO) is a polymer which is degraded naturally by the body and is widely used in soluble medical sutures (e.g. sitches used in heart surgery). This is now available to all clients at Bellissima Exclusive.
What concerns/problems does the PDO Mini Thread Lift Technique treat?
The PDO Thread technique can treat most concerns that require non-surgical lifts and sculpting/contouring. Each client is different however and, Nurse Prescriber Caroline Mertens will always asses suitability during an initial consultation.
- Creates lifting and tightening of lower and mid face and improving jowls
- Facilicates a plumper, smoother skin texture with improved skin tone and overall elasticity
- Improved skin texture and firmness on the under eye area
- Overall improved skin radiance — this is due to stimulation of the micro-circulation, improving oxygen and nutrient supply
- Helps to treat Acne Scarring and post-acne skin texture
This procedure will NOT achieve the same results as a surgical facelift, however it is a very good intermediate step once any volume loss has been corrected by using Dermal Fillers.
Potential side effects include redness at the insertion points, swelling in the treatment area, lump formation and bruising, burning sensation and discomfort. All of these side effects should improve within a few days after treatment.
For more information on how you might benefit and to discuss medical suitability, please book in for a Free Consultation with Caroline Mertens, Our Aesthetic Nurse Practitioner.
The Science: How does the PDO Thread Lift Work?
- Local anaesthetic cream is used to numb the surface of the skin. Multiple PDO mini threads are inserted via ultra-fine needles into the SMAS layer of the skin, to create a sub-dermal network of support.
- The PDO threads actively stimulate the production of collagen and elastin.
- Collagen fibres develop around the PDO threads, resulting in a tightening and lifting effect.
- Over 6-8 months the PDO threads are broken down and reabsorbed by the body, leaving behind the newly formed collagen fibres.
- Lifting effects are visible shortly after treatment, optimum results in about 2 months and extend beyond the time of re-absorption of the PDO threads. After 2 months the treatment can be fine tuned by adding more threads to achieve the desired effect.
- The Ultra-V lift can last from 8 months to 2 years depending on individual response to therapy. To maintain the effect most people repeat the treatment on a 12 monthly basis.
Why choose the Ultra-V mini thread lift?
- The Ultra -V lift is a specific technique developed by Dr. Han Jin Kwon, the original creator of embedding PDO lifting therapy.
- The technique does not involve ankoring or physical pulling of the skin, so the patient’s natural facial contours are not distorted. The end result is a natural rejuvenated look, with improved skin tone and elasticity. The lifting effect is achieved by the specific vectoring pattern of PDO insertion, “training” new collagen to lift the skin.
- The ultra-V lift addresses not only the lower face and jawline, but also targets the cheeks and under eye area.
- PDO threads are non-pyrogenic and do not trigger allergic reactions. PDO has been used in surgical procedures for over 20 years and has an excellent safety profile.
- The PDO threads used are of extremely high quality, produced by Dermica®, Switzerland and are EU certified. The very fine needles are specifically designed for the Dr. K ultra-V lift.
- The Ultra-V mini thread lift can be safely combined with other collagen stimulating treatments, which will enhance the overall results, for example courses of Micro-needling or Radio Frequency Skin Tightening before and after treatment can generate substantial results.
- An ideal step up, once volume loss has been corrected using dermal fillers e.g. Radiesse. Patients with very strong platysmal bands can also benefit from the Nefertiti Lift first, reducing downward muscular pull along the jawline.
To book a Free Consultation or for more information, please speak to a member of the Bellissima Exclusive team on 01943 876868 or request your consultation online.
*Disclaimer: All treatments are based on suitability, medical questionnaire and consent. We can't guarantee the results of our treatments. Results differ from person to person and the likely effectivity will be discussed with you during your initial consultation. Permanence of results is not guaranteed.
Before and After
PDO Thread Lift to treat Jowls and Jawline.
Two months after PDO Thread Lift treatment for the Jowls and Jawline.
PDO Thread Lift to treat Crows Feet.
After PDO Thread Lift.
|Treatment||Price||Price 2||Price 3|
PDO Mini Thread Lift
Revolutionary non-surgical alternative to a traditional Facelift. Can treat various areas. Including Review Appointments at 2 weeks and 8 weeks post-treatment. We also include a free fine tuning treatment if required at 2-4 months following initial treatment.